Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Quick Resource

Dec 30, 2012 8:15 AM

I have the Production Premium package, which includes Illustrator, and i think i can make some good use of it,

when i get time to learn it.   Besides Premiere Pro from day to day, i had a Photoshop class, and now am in

the middle of an After Effects class,  but all i need from illustrator right now is a nice rendition of a guitar

chord diagram, one with about 6 or 7 frets, and another with about 24 frets.   Would appreciate some

pointers on just creating those two items, or a pointer to any resource that may have those allready

put together.   So far in Illistrator i can draw a straight line, but of course, i need the complete diagram yesterday

Anyone?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 8:47 AM   in reply to bluzdawg

You might want to show an example of what you need to achieve.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to bluzdawg

Take the rectangular grid tool in Illustrator to draw the grid. Readthe documentation on how to use it and how to edit its options.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/illustrator/cs/using/WS714a382cdf7d304e7e0 7d0100196cbc5f-6265a.html

Then you can add the circles with the ellipse tool.

I assume you want to animate this in AfterEffects? Then you might consider adding the circles with its ellipse tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to bluzdawg

Turn on smart guides and just draw with the rectangle tool. The smart guides will help you align all the stuff. In order to import in After Effects just save an .ai file with PDF editability turned ON.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points