Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Bug, Straight lines with my tablet

Dec 31, 2012 1:40 AM

Tags: #photoshop #bug #lines #tablet #straight

first sorry if my english is wrong... i have a problem with my tablet only on photoshop, i already read a lot of discussions about this issue in the program, it's, when i draw with the tablet ( Trust, Slimline widescreen tablet... on notebook with windows 7   4GB) after 2 minutes i opened the program and started to draw, i can't draw curved lines no more, the lines i make on the tablet, became straight on the screen, this is a youtube video that explains the issue          /watch?v=pDhuC1fk1NI          , as i said a lot of people have/had this problem, many solved updating drivers, many solved un-plugging the mouse, but a lot tried all the solutions and didn't solved (like me)

i read that people solved buying new tablet (paying lot of money for latest tablets)  i'm sure its a photoshop bug because doesn't happen with other softwares, i tried painter 12 and works fine but i don't like painter, i really want to paint with photoshop but there is this bug, and i don't know where to search....    i tried all these solutions :

unplugged mouse

uninstalled all mouse drivers but tablet drivers

updated tablet drivers on Trust website

increased used memory in photoshop preferences

i don't know what else to do

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to Denis9494

If you draw very quickly, the sampling rate of the tablet may be too slow -- so you only see the lines between the points that the tablet sampled.  Brush smoothing (a setting in the brushes palette) can help improve this.

But Photoshop is just painting the points returned by your tablet -- and if the tablet doesn't return enough of them, you can get straight lines.  Also, we've seen bugs in some older tablet drivers that could cause straight lines (sometimes even off the canvas, when they return bad coordinates).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to Denis9494

Brush smoothing will interpolate the points you draw with a curve - so fast drawing will be smoothed.

But if this happens even when moving slowly, then you may have a problem with your tablet or it's drivers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 2:03 PM   in reply to Denis9494

Contact your tablet maker.  You may need an updated driver, or you might have a defective tablet.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Denis9494

And if you read more closely you find that those describe several different problems...

And what you are describing does not happen for millions of other users in Photoshop.

Please talk to your tablet maker to do more diagnostics - if you are describing this correctly, then you are describing a tablet or driver issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points