Skip navigation
ScottyF1964
Currently Being Moderated

I can't get PS Elements to launch on my OS X ML Mac Pro

Dec 31, 2012 9:38 AM

Tags: #installation_for_mac

The program installs then when I launch it the welcome screen comes up and when I select to open the editor it does nothing.

I managed to get the program to install correctly on my 2010 Macbook Pro however, I really need it on my Mac Pro.

Any help; would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to ScottyF1964

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to ScottyF1964

What are the specs of the mac pro and what version of os x is it running?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 11:42 AM   in reply to ScottyF1964

Do you have any kind of antivirus software on this computer?

I would try uninstalling it, disable your AV software, if any, create a new admin user account and try the install from there.  You are installing to the main applications folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to ScottyF1964

There are many people using PSE 6 through 11 in 10.8, so that's not it. What happens when you try to launch the editor? Is there an error message?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to ScottyF1964

If you go to Applications>Adobe Photoshop Elements 11>Support Files and double click Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor, does it launch?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to ScottyF1964

To save yourself grief later on, on the macbook go to your username>library>preferences and delete

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 paths

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 settings

and anything like like com.adobe.Elements Organizer.plist (you'll have a couple with the number in different formats)

and any lockfiles with the same names. That library is hidden in 10.7 and 10.8. To see it, click the Go menu in the Finder and hold down the option key. It will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, go to the Saved Application States folder and delete any for PSE.

For some reason, deleting prefs is very important when you upgrade OS X over an existing PSE install. You can try looking for and deleting these files on the mac pro, but if you've never successfully run the program you probably won't have them.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points