Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

my .css file suddenly goes blank

Dec 31, 2012 9:51 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6 #corrupt_css_file #empty_css_file #blank_css_file

I'm using Dreamweaver CS6 on Windows7. I have a fairly simple fluid grid layout I'm working with which includes 3 css files - boilerplate.css, layout.css, main.css. I'd worked on it for a few days with no problems until suddenly, the layout.css file went blank. I hit close and "don't save". When I brought it back up, the file was fine and I continued working. This happened several times througout the day. One time, I hit "save" because I thought it might just be a screen redraw issue. It was not. The file was completely empty when I re-opened it. Luckily, I had saved a backup so I didn't lose too much. This happened 4-5 times on Friday (including one time where the main.css file went blank instead as that's the one that was open at the time) and twice again today. I've done some searching and can't find any indication of this happening to anyone else. Maybe it's just a bad install but due to the nature of our business, I have to get someone else to re-install it for me so I'd like to find out if this is a known issue first. Has anyone seen this issue? Is there a fix for it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to theplu

I can confirm that this happened to me once or twice while working with Fluid Grid Layouts.   Weird.

I closed DW, restarted my computer & validated my code.  Code validation revealed an error  which might have caused the glitch in the first place, I don't know.  At any rate, the problem did not recur.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 9:06 AM   in reply to theplu

Is there a set of steps you have found that will cause the file to blank itself out every time?

If there is some pattern to triggering it, that may reveal a clue to fixing it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points