Skip navigation
Neil M Beadle
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4.3 not importing all photos

Dec 31, 2012 12:23 PM

Using Mac, 10.7.5

Have used lightroom version 3 (now 3.6) with Canon 7d and Canon 5dmk11 with no issues.

Connect cameras to computer via usb, in lightroom 3.6 both cameras immediately recognised by lightroom import preview pics shown, no issues.

Ugraded to lightroom 4 (now 4.3) have no issues importing photos from Canon 5dmkii, however seems to be hit and miss with the 7d. Lightroom does not automatically see the 7d, I have to use import and then select the 7d.  On importing the photos sometimes it is fine other times I have a number of photos with a ? and message missing file cannot be located.  Close down lightroom 4, open lightroom 3.6 connect the 7d and all the photos are imported including the ones that had a ? in LR4.

In the end I stopped using LR 4 went back to LR3, but have recently bought Fuji XE1, raw files not supported in v 3 so back to using LR4, and am getting the same issue. Have deleted and re-installed lightrrom 4 , still some import issues, tried Adode remote chat line, (waste of time, the rep had less idea on LR than I do)

Please has anybody got any ideas, as to cause or a solution, as this is driving me up the wall,

Many thanks Neil

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to Neil M Beadle

I am guessing you are connecting directly via the camera.

Can you/have you tried a card reader and see if you get the same result?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to Neil M Beadle

I too have noticed some oddities using LR4.3 with a Canon 5d MKIII.With the release candidate and prior I had no problems but now I regularly get missing previews before import and also sometimes photos won't import. With the non-importable ones I try again and so far they have imported the second time. I'm going to get a new CF card and try a card-reader instead of direct import from the camera.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 1:18 AM   in reply to engstromx

USB cables direct to cameras leading to issues is widely reported. I use a card reader unless it's some kind of emergency and have no issues. use a reputable card reader too!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:25 PM   in reply to Neil M Beadle

Resurrecting an old thread; It turned out my problem was the card reader connection...not the one between the card reader and the iMac but the power connection. It turns out that my Belkin 7 USB hub needs to be plugged in directly to the power outlet and not via a 4 bar or whatever. Now I've done that I get no problems whatsoever with my CF imports or my Garmin GPS watch...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points