Skip navigation
abcschooldr
Currently Being Moderated

Installed trial Dreamweaver CS6..can't access purchased Dreamweaver CS3

Dec 31, 2012 1:47 PM

I tried to use both trial Dreamweaver CS6 and purchased Dreamweaver CS3 at the same time.  My purchased Dreamweaver CS3 now links to trial CS6 even though the link has not changed.  How do I still use (or ever use again) purchased Dreamweaver CS3?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to abcschooldr

Are you saying that the shortcuts for Dreamweaver CS3 now opens Dreamweaver CS6?  If not can you please provide a bit more detail regarding what you are doing to open Dreamweaver.  Also which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 3:01 PM   in reply to abcschooldr

If you navigate to that location are you able to open Dreamweaver CS3 by invoking Dreamweaver.exe?

Moving this discussion to the Dreamweaver General forum as well in case other users have faced a similar difficulty.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to abcschooldr

I tried to use both trial Dreamweaver CS6 and purchased Dreamweaver CS3 at the same time.

This is not recommended. Only open ONE version at a time.  This goes for all the CS6 products.

You probably just need to point your DW CS3 shortcut back to your CS3 folder.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to abcschooldr

It looks as if Dreamweaver is missing a dll file.  Have you tried removing and reinstalling Dreamweaver CS3?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points