Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

font not appearing in illustrator

Dec 31, 2012 4:16 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!  I have downloaded the free font Baveuse and installed it in my Font Book .. using a Mac, 10.8.2.  Font appears in photoshop but not illustrator.  I have validated the font, shut down illustrator, shut down the computer but the font remains not available within illustrator.  I also have Baveuse 3d in my font library and both the 3d and normal baveuse show in Ps cs6 .. weird!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

No idea--and I am on a PC anyway. I did add the OTF version of the font to the system font folder though and it appears in all my CS6 apps.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 8:39 PM   in reply to broomeGirl

In reading the forum, the only two suggestions I have read for when Illy doesn't see fonts is to either delete the font cache(s) and or delete the preferences.

Both those suggestions are in the following thread. It should move to post #14 by Wade which concerns the prefs, then the following post #15 by Nini on the font cache issue.

I have zero idea if either works as I have not ever needed to do either.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3404035#3404035

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:58 AM   in reply to MW Design

Hi there,

I have illustrator CS2 installed on my Window 7 pc and have always had a font display problem, I would appreciate any advice or help.

When I click on the ‘type’ tab and select ‘font’ I get the full drop down list of fonts available, but when I click on the ‘window’ tab and select ‘type’ and then ‘character’ the character menu opens but there are no fonts visible.

Can anyone suggest as to why I have this problem and if there is a solution?

Thanks in anticipation!

Geoff at 36  

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points