Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is the text box acting so weird??

Dec 31, 2012 6:45 PM

Tags: #line #text #box #break

I am trying to do something simple that I've done a million times in Photoshop CS5 -- create a text box with some text inside. But something is going wrong and I can't quite figure it out...

Notice how the text box is now much larger than the text displayed. I would like to make this text box as wide as the guide aligned with the "Donate" box.

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 6.19.30 PM.png

... But when I pull the right middle handlebar in slightly, look what happens to the text:

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 6.28.13 PM.png

Any idea what's going on here?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 9:52 PM   in reply to sarahpeller

Did the text come from an email or a word processor? Try cutting and pasting the text into a word processor. Opt for showing all the formatting marks, such as spaces, paragraphs, etc. Delete everything but the text and necessary spaces. Paste it back into a new text box created to the size you want with the text tool. It should now flow to the size of the box. The other option is to retype the text into a properly sized text box, making sure not to use the return button at all. I know this answer doesn't specifically address what is wrong with the box you show, but it should get the text into the shape you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 1:48 AM   in reply to sarahpeller

What bobmepp said. You have extraneous characters. Contrary to common perception, spaces, tabs and otehr whitespaces are characters, too. just because they produce no rendered pixels doesn't mean they don't figure into the equation...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 6:00 AM   in reply to sarahpeller

Maybe you have a paragraph right margin indent as in this screenshot.

Screen shot 2013-01-01 at 13.57.27.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points