Skip navigation
Kmann2
Currently Being Moderated

Can't get Smartsound to work

Jan 1, 2013 9:30 AM

Tags: #smartsound

I current evaluating a trial version of Premere Elements 11 in on a Windows 7 64-bit system.  I have PE installed and I have installed the Smartsound from the exe I downloaded from this site.  Smartsound launches fine from PE however when I try to "Export" in SmartSound I get redirected to a SmartSound web page saying that I need to install a patch (7.5.7).  I downloaded the patch and ran it but it says that a later version is already installed.  So, I am kinda stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to Kmann2

Sonic Fire Pro will download the updates when you first launch the program -- but it should do that withinm the program. You shouldn't need to go to the SmartSound web site. And they do take several minutes to install. So Alt+Tab through your open programs and see if Sonic Fire Pro's window is hiding behind another open program.

If you go to SonicFire Pro's Tools menu and select Library Update, what happens?

Sonic Fire Pro is given to you as a 30-day free trial. But you don't need to buy it to use SmartSound Express Track.It needs to be on your computer in order for SmartSound to work, but you don't need to buy the license for it. Make sense?

As I show you in my book, once you've selected and customized your music clip, you should click the Send button and select from the options Insert at Timeline Indicator so that SmartSound can send your music clip directly to your project's timeline.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to Kmann2

I have found that is best to disable all anti-whatever programs, when doing an install, as many can really mess things up.

Good luck, and hope that the reinstall fixes things on the laptop too.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points