Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

In LR4 my music for my slideshow video skips when played on TV

Jan 1, 2013 10:22 AM

Tags: #lightroom4

In LR4 when I burn my slideshow video to a USB and play on my TV, the slideshow works fine but the mp3 music skips during transitions. Played on the PC music is fine. I am using 'fit to music'

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to awesome-art

Hi,

I suggest bandwith problems with your generated video. E.g. a DVD only allows 9 Mbit for video + music. There will be some limitations on your video / tv player concerning bandbith. Smoth transitions require a lot of bandwith!

BAndwith limitations on modern cpu / gpu are much higher.

What can you do? E.g. Reduce the mp3 bitrate or use wav (no decoding needed).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 12:48 PM   in reply to awesome-art

Sorry, I never used lr to export slideshows. I only watch them in lr. Try to export avi without sound and use avidemux to merge video and music. This also allows you to reduce the mp3 bit rate (a little bit) or to reencode the video to mp4 with might be better on your vizio.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to awesome-art

I just created a small slideshow (1920 @30 frames). Bitrate when displaying the images is about 1500-3000 kbit. Bitrate during transtion from one image to an other > 17000 kb. I used VLC statistics.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 4:28 PM   in reply to awesome-art

Hi,

I would try to find out if there are some limitations about bandwith and H264 Vizio. I did not find anything in the manual :-( Ask the support.

Did you tried an other USB stick?

Perhapst you can shorten the fade in / out of the pictures a little bit. This produces the burst in bandwith. Perhast there is a too small buffer in the Vizio for your video with produces problems in loading data (music).

I

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 6:29 PM   in reply to awesome-art

When you export to a video file from Lightroom's slideshow module, Lightroom reencodes the audio to mpeg4 audio automatically. However, Lightroom is not very smart about the video bit rate and often goes over what some types of media allow. What I do is run the output video file through Handbrake to reencode to a more compatible file that will play from almost any device.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to awesome-art

The defaults usually work fine for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers