Skip navigation
SteveIsHere
Currently Being Moderated

Can I filter on metadata?

Jan 1, 2013 12:05 PM

I'd like to create a filter that shows all files where the "Camera Data (Exif)" field named "Date Time Original" is blank (or missing). I have many files (jpgs) that were created by scanning that don't have a "Date Time Original".

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to SteveIsHere

Filter is limited to the files open in the folder on screen.  If you use Search you have a lot more flexibility.

You have 3 date metadata.  Date Created (stamped by camera or scanner when shot), Date File Created, Date File Modified.  With Bridge there is no option to change Date Created.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to SteveIsHere

From a past post I looked at this and concluded that Windows does not lists Date Created but lists Date File Created.  That is why it changes in Windows E. when you change the file.

In Bridge if you press crtl F it brings up the find box.  You can search for Date Created and Date (file) modified.

Bring up a file in Bridge that has different dates for all 3 date entrees and then look a same picture in Win Ex. and verify the above.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to SteveIsHere

The EXIF date is not editable in Bridge (it can be done by script) The date that is editable is from the Photoshop Schema.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points