Skip navigation
jb-art
Currently Being Moderated

id-cs6 crashs by exporting an indd-file

Jan 2, 2013 12:58 AM

Tags: #crash

Hardware/operation system: MacPro, 2xQuadcore, 12 GB Ram / OS 10.6.8

CS 6 with ID-version 8.0.1 (newest updat I found).

If I export an indd-file (file --> export ... --> export as pdf (jpeg or others) --> click on save-button =>) id-cs6 crashs and disapears.

It doesn‘t matter if the file is either a simple file (1 page, 1 layer, only 2 or 4 text-ojects) either a complex file with many pages, pictures and text or a file made with id-cs5.5 (even id-cs4); it crashs how ever.

In id-cs5.5 or id-cs4 I never had this problem.

If I save the indd-file as idml-file (cs4 or higher) and open it than in id-cs4 or cs5.5 the export doesn‘t make any problems (in cs6 crashs). Of course I don‘t want to work with cs6 for going back to former versions!

On Internet I didn‘t found any equitable anwser. Hopefully I get one here - thanking in anticipation.

Juerg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to jb-art

Please post your crash report on Pastebin.com and put a link to it here. We might be able to identify the crash signature from the report.

Do you use a font manager? If so, try uninstalling the auto-activation plugin.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to jb-art

It appears to be some sort of problem creating the dialog, but I don't know specifically what. You said you could "save as" .idml. Can you Export to .idml without crashing?

I would be inclined to try trashing the prefs as the next step. See Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to jb-art

See if it helps to install the 8.0.1 update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to jb-art

Does that mean the problem is solved, or that you already installed the update?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to jb-art

Did you run the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) when you uninstalled the last time?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 4:29 AM   in reply to jb-art

If it happens again it's being casued by some other software on your system that is in conflict and is changing something in the ID install, or possibly an improper shutdown of the application.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points