Skip navigation
newwoodworker
Currently Being Moderated

audio changed channels!

Jan 2, 2013 8:34 AM

For some reason my Premeire Pro is putting the audio from imported video files in Audio 7 and 8 where is used to put the video audio in audio 1. I am importing from the swame Canon XA10 as I always have in the past. I also cannot move the audio to any other channel.

Any ideas wold be appreciated becausse I sure can;t find what changed!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

It is likely that the default Audio Tracks have been changed.

In PrPro, the Audio Tracks channel-count must match the channel-count of the Audio Source Files, i.e. 1-channel Audio will ONLY go onto a 1-channel Audio Track, same for 2-channel, and 5.1 6-channel. What is the channel-count of your Audio Tracks 1 - 6, and what is the channel-count of your Audio Source Files?

See this article for more info: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3757977#3757977

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

What we need to know is what is the channel-count of the Tracks, where PrPro will not allow you to place the Audio, and what the channel-count of those Source Files are.

If, for instance, your Audio Track 1 thru 6 are Mono (1-channel), and your Source Files are Stereo (2-channel), they will need to go onto a 2-channel Audio Track. You can look at the little "speaker" icons in the Audio Tracks' Header - 1 speaker = Mono (1-channel), where 2 speakers = Stereo (2-channel), and a little "5.1" = 5.1 (6-channel) Audo.

If one has, say 4 2-channel Audio Tracks (2 speakers in the icon), and 1-channel Mono Source Material, they cannot place those Clips onto those 2-channel Audio Tracks. If one were to drag one to the Master Track (you cannot add Audio Clips to that Track), then PrPro will create the necessary Mono 1-channel Audio Track, numbered with the next available Audio Track Number.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to newwoodworker

And there's your explanation.  The first three tracks are stereo, the second three are 5.1, so your mono audio goes down below those.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points