Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AIR crashes on loading swf with 'Imported for runtime sharing' fonts

Jan 2, 2013 9:15 AM

Tags: #air #library #load_external_swf #error_processing #imported_for_runtime_sharing

Hello everybody,

I have a trouble with an AIR application developped with Flex but the error seems to come from the Flash/AIR, after some searches a staff member (Flex harUI) said me that I could find more help for my trouble here.

I'm developping an AIR application which loads an external swf. This swf contains 'Imported for runtime sharing' fonts from another swf to reduce its size.

When the AIR application has finished to load (see message below) the whole application crashes without giving any error message except the usual "Process terminated unexpectedly" error message.

End Loading: [SWF] C:\Users\dev02\myProject\index.swf - 83,930 bytes after decompression

Error Message:

Process terminated unexpectedly.

Launch command details:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.6.0\bin\adl.exe" -runtime "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.6.0\runtimes\air\win" "C:\Users\dev02\Adobe Flash Builder 4\Languages_Editor\bin-debug\Language_Editor-app.xml" "C:\Users\dev02\Adobe Flash Builder 4\Languages_Editor\bin-debug"

I use Flash Builder 4 (build 272416) with sdk 4.6.

Full discussion here.

I tried to load the external swf with the most basics codes, it works with a Flash web app but not with a Flex/AIR app or a Flash/AIR app.

Thanks for the help !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2013 6:29 AM   in reply to Roger25230

I haven't taken a shot at this yet but have you tried converting it to a SWC instead of SWF while using compiler parameters to load the external SWC at runtime? Here's a link to some compiler arguments for various RSL linking:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf 674ba-7fff.html

Another Adobe article on RSL object types and their shared nature that I'm not sure is still relevant but do note the chart on objects that are shared a little more than half way down:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/WSd5f4b6c52cfaa4b126bdcdec1 3394f28cc2-8000.html

It mentions Fonts are not sharable unless embedded in a MovieClip.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points