Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading to CS6 on new computer

Jan 2, 2013 11:47 AM

Tags: #on #new #link #software #upgrade #computer #full #download #installing #at #get #pricing

Hi,

This is my first post at the Adobe community.

I had been running CS5 extended on my old computer.

Now, on the new computer, I want to upgrade to CS6 (regular, not extended).

I know I don't have to install the old software on my new computer.

I'd just like to know which download link to use to get the full CS6 software and the upgrade pricing.

Will there be a path in the authorization process where I can put in my old serial numbers (so it's the same download link for everyone?)

My first Photoshop version was CS3, and then I upgraded to CS5 extended. Shall I put in both serial numbers or just the one for the CS5 upgrade?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 1:52 PM   in reply to Pacific 29

Adobe sure don't make the purchase of perpetual license upgrades easy any more. Their future marketing direction is increasingly obvious (the Cloud).

I'd just like to know which download link to use to get the full CS6 software and the upgrade pricing.

This link works http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/buying-guide.html

Click on the US $699 in the Price column and in the pop up box select "Upgrade"

Will there be a path in the authorization process where I can put in my old serial numbers (so it's the same download link for everyone?)

The installer will prompt for this once you've entered your CS6 upgrade serial number.

My first Photoshop version was CS3, and then I upgraded to CS5 extended. Shall I put in both serial numbers or just the one for the CS5 upgrade?

With the advent in the CS6 cycle of Adobe's new "one version back" upgrade policy for perpetually licensed products, only CS5 is eligible to upgrade to CS6 so only the CS5 serial number will be accepted.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points