Skip navigation
tatemiister123
Currently Being Moderated

Whenever Magic wand tool or anything used picture in document keeps flashing black please help CS6

Jan 2, 2013 12:13 PM

whenever i open a document using the magic wand tool the picture in the document keeps flashing black and its really irritating please help CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 12:13 PM   in reply to tatemiister123

Have you installed the updates for Photoshop?

Which OS version are you using?  (Win8 has known problems with flashing, and we're working with Microsoft and the GPU vendors to get it resolved)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to tatemiister123

Welcome to the forum.

I think that Chris has probably given you the answer, but if you do not have Win8, two other things to think about would be your installed video driver, and any tablet driver, if you have one. Going back some years now, there were some GUI "flashing" problems with certain MS InteliPoint and then Logitec SetPoint mouse drivers, but that flashing was in the GUI borders, and not flashing to black. Plus, I cannot recall any issues recently.

For the video driver, go to the mfgr's. Web site (do not trust Windows to tell you if you have the latest driver), and plug in your model card, and your OS, and manually check if you have the latest video driver - if not, download and install the latest, then test.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to tatemiister123

Until better display drivers are made available for Win8, try configuring your Advanced GPU mode to Basic to avert the blacking out.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points