Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Yin/Yang symbol, vertical line.

Jan 2, 2013 8:26 PM

Tags: #yin #yang #tao
I created a Yin/Yang symbol, but for some reason it has a vertical line through its center.  The line disapears sometimes after I move the symbol.It disapears in outline mode.  Why is it thre?  How do I get rid of it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 9:22 PM   in reply to sjbreier

A couple of things that I can think of that would cause it, are objects overlapping or are not quite touching,

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 9:24 PM   in reply to Silkrooster

It may be noticible if you applied a stroke to both objects, then it should be noticible in the outline mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 1:33 AM   in reply to sjbreier

That may have to do with how you created the shapes in teh first place. Could be some leftovers from a Pathfinder operation... Screenshots would help.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 4:28 AM   in reply to sjbreier

If you have a look at the strokes (ctrl Y), you may have one vertical stroke.

Or, and it is often the case in illustrator, if you have cut a circle in two parts (top left black one and the bottom right white one), you should be sure to have the length and the x position of these 2 demi-circles as entire numbers (without comma).

You can see the antialiasing by zooming in a pixel display mode (shift + ctrl + y).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points