Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 Slideshows

Jan 3, 2013 2:31 AM

I created a slideshow in my movie but am having problems moving my pictures around within the slideshow.  I tried to select one pic and move it to the beginning of the slideshow, but when i do that, my entire slideshow is highlighted and when I go to move it, the entire slideshow shifts (instead of that 1 picture i want to move).  How do I move pictures around from within my slideshow as I don't like the why they are organized?....thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 5:20 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

What method did you use to create your slideshow? There are at least four different ways to create slideshows in Premiere Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 10:00 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

Welcome to the forum.

As Steve points out, there are several methods for creating SlideShows, so the answer will depend on your method.

In general terms, when the SlideShow has been directed to PrE, via Send to Premiere Elements (not Exported as a WMV and Imported), one can then choose Break Apart, in PrE, and do additional editing. If one did Export as a Video file, and then Import that, one would have to manually Cut the "slides" out of that file, to do any editing, and if Transitions were added to the SlideShow AV file, there are other considerations, as well.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 5:31 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

When you right-click on the slideshow on your timeline, you should have the option to Ungroup. You can then manipulate each slide individually.

Miga, since you have so many basic questions, you may want to check out my free 8-part Basic Training tutorial series at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

They'll help you with the basics of creating a project, adding effects, titles and transitions and outputting your results.

And, if you still have questions, you may also want to consider my books, available on Amazon and at the Muvipix store, which take you step by step through every tool in the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to Apple Miga

Thank you for that info.

Steve has given you the answer with Ungroup. Glad that he had that term handy, as I have never used your exact method, and would have gone in to test (and also grab my copy of Steve's excellent book, Muvipix Guide to PrE) to find that out. Instead of using the Create SlideShow function, I just drag each Image to the Timeline, in the exact order that I need them. As I am almost always doing some Keyframing on each Image, and will be doing that manually, I just do one Image at a time.

Thanks for asking the question, because I just learned something new from it!

I will give a big +1 for Steve's Basic Training Series, plus his Muvipix books on PrE. They are great resources.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

PS - as all Replies to the forum are seen by all, there is no need to do the Copy/Paste, in reply. You can just mention that I (in this case), can see the answer, in your initial Reply to Steve. That will save you time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points