Skip navigation
RavenMouse
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6 Blu-Ray and Manual Slideshows

Jan 3, 2013 9:27 AM

Tags: #encore #cs6 #bluray #end_action #slideshows

For whatever reason, when stepping through a manually-advanced slideshow in my Blu-Ray project, the End Action does not work.  Indeed, when I reach the last slide in the manual slideshow, the "next" button ceases to function!  I can click "Previous" and then the "Next" button activates again, but once I've advanced (via the Next button) to the last slide of the slideshow again, the only way I can get back to my menu is by using the Top Menu button on the remote!

Is this a known glitch?  Is there a viable work-around?  The same project, built to a DVD, doesn't have this problem, so it must be the poor implementation of Blu-Ray (or at least Blu-Ray navigation) that Adobe has done in Encore (thus far)...

Any and all assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim 8^)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to RavenMouse

I don't recall anyone complaining about this.

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

Are you sure the slideshow has an end action set?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to RavenMouse

When using a manual slideshow, I add a copy of the final slide that has duration built in. You can use 00.00.06. When you hit the advance button it will go to this short duration slide and then go to what ever link you have set.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 3:28 PM   in reply to RavenMouse

Glad that worked for you.

Question, are you using transitions in the slideshow? I have been having a challenge with guessing what they will do at the end of the slideshow.

Also, the Edit Quality Presets is important to avoid low quality slideshows. Seems Adobe does not support Slideshow very much.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 4:26 PM   in reply to RavenMouse

I have found that the quality greatly increases with the transitions (cross-dissolve). Must be a bug. Just stumbled on this the last couple of days.

I have to built out power-point like slides to go with a teaching manual and it has been a nightmare.

Happy New Year!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points