Skip navigation
SonieC1
Currently Being Moderated

I can download (from cloud) Adobe Lightroom 4 but it will not open - error 0x000007b

Jan 3, 2013 10:34 AM

I can download, from Cloud, other Adobe products BUT when I download Lightroom 4 it will not open and gives an error message "This application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b).

Previously I had purchased, singularily, Lightroom 3 and it worked well for almost a year but suddently when I would try to open I received the same error message as above.   I have tried MULTIPLE courses to try to fix this but cannot.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to SonieC1

We cannot know. That's just Windows' most basic crash signature. Without some system details and other info nobody can tell you anything. Provide the infor from your Event Viewer and the relevant system info. That aside, if otehr Adobe apps crash as well, chances are something has damaged the licensing system or shared components and you may need to uninstall and reinstall it all...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to SonieC1

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.  I believe other users have started threads on similar issues so you may want to search the Photoshop Lightroom forum as well. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to SonieC1

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to SonieC1

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Mylenium,

No, this is a widely known error message that many users received.

See here for Adobe's advice on this: http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00 007b.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 3:51 PM   in reply to SonieC1

Did you have iLivid installed sometime?

Because this will screw up your Windows dlls, which LR is missing afterwards.

You can get them again via Adobe from

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00 007b.html

And never use these Indian *support* folks - I have not yet heard from anyone that they have a clue... they will not even be aware of thing obvious on this forum.

Cornelia

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

No question " iLivid " is the culprit.  The LR 4.3 64-bit error immediately surfaced after I - naively - installed iLivid.  I  believe this program did some damage to Windows, as Windows was not able to restore to the "pre-iLivid" state.  IMO " iLivid " should be identified as a malware.  Hours lost and very frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to PolkaDots

I can't find ILivid on my computer?  Is it a program? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to kenderson1979

The problem you have is not restricted to the iLivid program.

Adobe in their advice on how to solve the problem do not mention iLivid - although some people on this forum have reported that they can open Lr after deleting iLivid from their computer.

If you had iLivid onyour computer you would know. It is a program that you download and that makes it easy to download videos from the web.

So I recommend that you think in the direction that Adobe points to:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00 007b.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points