Skip navigation
CreativelyBankrupt
Currently Being Moderated

Any way to adjust Automatic Transcode settings to be 'Scale To Fill' instead of 'Scale to Fit'?

Jan 3, 2013 11:47 AM

I'm making a couple double feature DVD9s from 1080p/23.98 HD source files and the automatic transcode setting would have been perfect for judging the best bitrate to have the movies use all the available disc space, but my client hated the black bars on the left and right of frame caused by the default 'Scale To Fit' setting for source scaling.

Any way to adjust this to be Scale to Fill? I've gone into Default Transcode settings but that doesn't affect the Automatic settings.

Thanks for any advice!

Edit: Encore CS6 via creative cloud on Windows 7 64-bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 12:06 PM   in reply to CreativelyBankrupt

I think the answer is "no" - meaning yes, you are right, that you cannot change the automatic transcode settings to scale to fill.

I think this has not been asked much because there are still many users that do not like Encore doing the downrez form HD to SD.

Make a: Feature Request

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 7:35 PM   in reply to CreativelyBankrupt

I agree with Stan.  Do the transcoding from PP's export dialog where you have more control.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 5:14 PM   in reply to CreativelyBankrupt

It can be very complicated with the extra stuff.

However, since you already transcoded with automatic: just look at the transcoded files and see what Encore picked - Gspot or Mediainfo.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 6:23 PM   in reply to CreativelyBankrupt

How do you guys normally go about balancing your video transcode settings to maximize disc space?

I actually don't worry much about disk space, I worry about quality.  Towards that end, I use external encoders that have the superior CQ mode available.  Specifically HC Encoder for DVDs and Xvid4PSP for Blu-rays.

If the quality settings I prefer create a file too large for single layer disks, I just use dual-layers.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points