Skip navigation
DrRich
Currently Being Moderated

new install of CS4 crashes

Jan 3, 2013 12:46 PM

I formerly ran the Macromedia Fireworks4 on my older Mac Tower.  When I chaned to the Mac Pro with the Intel Quad Xenon it stopped working.  For Christmas my wife got me a new copy of CS4 (yes we know this program is many years out of date) but the specs said it would run on a Mac with an Intel CPU and OS X 10.6.  Installed the program today and the install seemed to finish with no problems.  But when the program started to load it crashed with a note about an internal error.

Shut down the computer, waited two minutes, rebooted and got the same response.

Checked with Adobe online tech support and was told the program should run on my hardware and OS but there was no tech spoort for the program from Adobe any longer.  The tech suggested checking with the forum.

I am wondering if the Adobe version is running into problems with the old Macromind version which is still on the same hard drive.

Any help from any source will be greatly appreciated.  I'm a 72 year old retired educator who has had to save up his pennies for many years to afford the CS4 version and I'm not looking forward to telling my wife we may have wasted our money.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points