Skip navigation
JD_Mortal
Currently Being Moderated

Points not obeying grid-snapping, or any snapping-rules where merged.

Jan 3, 2013 2:21 PM

This is my situation.

1. Draw a line... It snaps to grid perfectly.

2. Draw another line... It snaps to grid perfectly.

3. Merge line1 with line 2 at one end... (It seems snapped to grid, but shows a "+" protruding connection so I zoom, and it is fine close-up...

4. Move the point to a new grid-snap point to see if it draws better zoomed-out 100% without showing overlapping on this single point... However, now it snaps everywhere except onto the grid. Like all around the point, just not on the point. Now it will no longer snap to any grid-point or other point, always being "off". (This does not resolve by adding a new point and breaking the line. The whole line now refuses to snap to any actual point. It is always offset by an unsteady ammount/percent. Sometimes it is real close, sometimes it is about 50% between all snap-points.)

Resolution = None... Never move points once set, and naver intersect a third line to a point, and never intersect one line with another.

Results... everything looks misaligned, slightly off-angle, can not make any true aligned items, unless I use line-thickness 3, to hide the off-angles from misaligned points.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 7:37 AM   in reply to JD_Mortal

i don't see a problem.

make sure you actually merge your line segments by selecting both and clicking modfiy>union.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points