Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to change the stroke thickness of shape layer with fill color?

Jan 3, 2013 11:27 PM

Hello. I am using AE CS6 win version.

I made a shape layer that has path like this picture, 3 points triangle shape which has black stroke and green fill color.

And I want to animate it moving path points, but I want to change the stroke thickness like this picture.

Is it possible? It is said that trapcode 3d stroke can chenge the stroke thickness, but seems that plugin cant have fill color,

I think that to make another shape layer  and using it as track mat to change the thickness of stroke or changing the layer mode to stencil alpha to change the thickness, those will do what I want, but with animation, I will need tons of time to animate them all, so it's not best way.

Give me your advice please. Thank you in advance.

パスの太さ変更.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

Stroke width is not variable from start to end of a stroke. Depending the way you want to have the stroke look you might be able to use echo to stretch out an expanding stroke. It will take some fairly small values .3 to .01 for example, and stroke of about 50 pixels or so. Start adjusting the echo time with only 4 to 10 segments until you get the stroke going from 0 to say 40 pixels. The 4 segments should be easy to see. When you get the decay right then you can increase the number of echoes. It will take you quite a bit of time to render if you have enough echoes to create s smooth taper.

Another option, and one that's much quicker to render would be to use an animated mask to make the taper. Both require a bit more than a just a singe click solution.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 3:07 AM   in reply to Rodan_Shiner

If all you need is straight lines, the Beam effect is your friend. Connect the end points with some simple pickwhip expressions, adjust the start and end thickness. The only downside is that it produces rounded corners, but it may still be okay if the strokes aren't too thick... Other than that you will just have to bite the bullet and do a lot of hand animation...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points