Ughh.... So its been a few months since I stopped using CS6 Encore because it loves to crash for all kinds of bad reasons. Today I needed to do a new project, and used a simple 1920x1080p MP4 file created by Adobe Media Encoder, and used a basic menu template in Encore. Also added a slideshow timeline with one Mp3 audio set to loop. During the building image part of the build process, I get the fatal error code 6, audio buffer underflows. Total bitrate too high neat time = 0.00000 seconds -
First off, I set the BR transcode setting to auto and it spends pleanty of time transcoding the file to a 15mbps bitrate, so why is Encore not first taking care of all the source files correctly in transcoding...?
Ok.... 100% the fault of the software. I am an SE, and build systems all the time for my business, so if I knew of these simple problems, Id go into the code and devise a solution...please Adobe, fix Encore.
Here are my simple finding from solving this problem (first post):
- Of the 2 simple Mp4 files produced by Media Encoder, one, which runs only 2 minutes, had a peak of a little over 10mbps. I dropped the file back into Encoder and set the same mp4 profile to max of 6mbps and then replaced the file in the encore project, ran build and it worked fine.
SO.... If I can use a simple free bit of software to look at the bitrate of a file (google Bitrate Viewer) and determine that the peak was possibly too high, why oh why cant adobe write a better transoding logic algorythm to decide if a video in a timeline needs to be reprocessed at a slightly lower bitrate before just attempting a build and then throwing an error. For the love of all that is holy, please tweek your transcoding decision process to prevent these simple errors.
Error processing your request
I've learned to write it ahead and paste.
However, from one scenario where a user encouraged filing a feature request (and other users copied/pasted), I was convinced that there was a length issue, or that disallowed characters were inadvertently pasted.
I've also pasted the content of my bug report in the forum.
Bug report on the bug report page...learn strip_nbsp and string_length functions to remove whitespace and shorten input, striptags to clean up string, ect... cut and paste introduces character encoding issues, easily solved by first running the post string through an mbstring cleaner function for encoding detection. ughhh