Skip navigation
kc0cl.Cal
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 Small File Upload Problems

Jan 3, 2013 6:09 PM

I'm having an issue when trying to upload files to my website with Dreamweaver CS6 with the 12.0.1 patch applied.

One of the files a PHP file and is 3480 bytes in size, another is a GIF of 1167 bytes and another is a PNG of 339033 bytes. When I try to upload them, they all appear to upload fine but the two smaller ones end up with the file name on the host but there file sizes are (0) zero bytes. The larger on uploads fine with the correct file size. 

The only think that has saved me is an old copy of WS_FTP95 that uploads the files fine. I think that there is some setting that will correct this issue but I can't find it. The webserver is a linux machine. I'm running Window 7 Pro.  

How do I get Dreamweaver to upload all my files correctly?

Any help or wisdom would be great!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to kc0cl.Cal

I've never heard of this before. Generally, if Dreamweaver is able to upload anything, it will upload everything. Since a separate program uploads it fine, it's very likely not an "over limit" issue or "invalid file type" issue with your hosting company or a hardware problem with your router.

Is it  just a file size display problem in DW, or are the files actually not there/corrupt after uploading?

What does the FTP log say in DW after you upload?

Do you have Use passive FTP checked in the Advanced settings for your site? If not, try checking it and uploading.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 11:40 PM   in reply to kc0cl.Cal

I have been experiencing the same issue since upgrading to CS6, except I cannot upload anything. This problem is costing me time and money. Before upgrading I have built a site that worked find. I upgraded and the client asked me to make some minor changes and I have had problems ever since and cannot upload anything.

The activity report i get is:

Started: 1/5/13 2:37 AM

css:forms.css - Transferring

css:forms.css - error occurred

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1

css:forms.css

Finished: 1/5/13 2:37 AM

This is just one file imagine the whole web site.

Please HELP or allow me to download CS 5 again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 11:40 AM   in reply to kc0cl.Cal

Highly recommend that you install the latest update for Dreamweaver (12.0.3). The previous update (12.0.2), which is included in 12.0.3, had several bug fixes for FTP issues.

The easiest way to get the update is to choose Help > Updates from within Dreamweaver, and then let the automatic update download and install it for you.

Alternatively, you can download the update to install manually from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 9:13 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I am having the same issue- some files upload, not others. All updates done to date-- need to get these files updated asap. Assuming it's a bug if some files can be put, so no issue with linking to the remote server... HELP!

This is my log:

about.html - Transferring

Images:Staff:malissaheadshot_BW1.jpg - same - not transferred

Images:Staff:sm_erinheadshot_BW1.jpg - same - not transferred

about.html - error occurred

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files skipped: 2

Files with errors: 1

about.html

Finished: 2/1/13 9:12 AM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers