Skip navigation
King-Neptune
Currently Being Moderated

PrE 11 will not import .jpg files from organizer

Jan 3, 2013 7:03 PM

Hi,

I just upgraded from PS & PrE 8 to the lastest version 11. I'm running on a Windows 7 pc.  My catalog was successfully converted and new pictures were added.  I now want to create a dvd with both pictures and videos.  I tried various ways to import .jpg files in PrE but some (most) of my files will not import.  I get error messages about the files not being supported (missing codex) or the files being too large.

After reading on the forums and on Adobe help site.  It seems opening and resaving the files in the organizer fix this.  I try and it worked.  As I have many files to import (200+), I wonder if there is a way to do some sort of a batch process for all file.

Secondly, also I read PrE can automatically resize the image file to the project size.  How can this be acheive ?

Thanks for your help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 8:22 PM   in reply to King-Neptune

I think Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798 has instructions

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 5:40 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Please see my answer to this question. It's essentially the same answer I'd give you.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1129183?tstart=0

You can not create a playable DVD or incorporate video and photos in the same project with full resolution photos on it. Video resolution/TV resolution is only 720x480 (standard resolution) or 1920x1080 (high rez).

Premiere Elements has a governor that limits the size of a photo you can add to a video project (which is probably what you're running into). In fact, you'll get much better results if you use LOWER resolution photos in your video project -- 1000x750 pixels for DVDs and standard resolution video and 2000x1500 for BluRays and high-def video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points