Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DVD-DL Issues?

Jan 4, 2013 1:49 AM

Tags: #layer #dvd #cs6 #dual #replication #duplication #dl #pressing

I've been using Encore for many years since 1.0 in fact and have produced many DVDs (Dual Layer) that are in fact retailing in stores here in the UK. However I have had issues with CS5 and now CS6 when it comes to a professional duplicating house trying to duplicate/press the discs. I can produce a DVD that works perfectly on many different DVD players however SonyDADC, a major DVD duplicating company (part of Sony) when trying to duplicate the discs give me a whole list of errors which are...

* DDP data stream length exceeds maximum_rule_284?!?!

* Invalid Video Title Set?!?!

* ISO and DVD file locations disagree_rule_661??!

* Title Set files not in correct physical order_rule_420

I had issues last year with another Dual Layer disc where Sony couldn't replicate the disc due to the Layer Break.

The above errors are causing me a massive headache and I am letting high profile clients down - someone please help?

Thanks

Tuhin

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to 2in1

Tuhin,

Have you used PGCEdit to examine the DVD Folder of the built project? This might let you identify and fix the errors, though you will not be able to create a DDP of the project using Encore. You will need to let the replication house create the ddp or you can use Gear Pro Mastering software... though I would let the replication house do it if you are unfamiliar with using Gear Pro.

We have had to fix many problems of dual-layer discs created by Encore for replication. PGCEdit has always worked for us. You can also use DVD After Edit if you are on the Mac.

Jon Geddes

http://www.precomposed.com

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 2:34 AM   in reply to 2in1

I would indeed recommend Scenarist, but you have a problem there - it is no longer available to buy except for second-user, and all support will stop forever on December 31 2013 as Rovi have discontinued everything.

GEAR Pro ME will create your DDP images for you, but will *not* check for spec compliance - it always assumes you have got a properly formatted Video_TS.

PGCEdit should become your new, special friend - along with GPME for the DDP masters.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points