Skip navigation
Elbert van Eysinga
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS5: general error / line 698

Jan 4, 2013 4:34 AM

Tags: #error #line #software #internal #encore_cs5 #build_dvd #698

Dear all,

Today I joined this forum, hopefully to get rid of these Encore errors, that torture and haunt me at night. After searching the internet for answers, I ended up empty-handed and unsatisfied.

I have edited my footage in Premiere Pro CS5, 1 hour of video and audio, divided in 17 chapters. This I have imported into Encore CS5. The Encore project consists of 2 timelines, one slideshow and 2 menus.

When I'm trying to build my DVD (after checking my project), I alternately get the messages "General error" and "Internal software error: .\EditorTemplates.cpp, line 698".

Things I found on others forums, that didn't work:

- scaling down my images in the slideshow

- removing all overrides (that weren't there anyway)

- looking for loose ends in my flowcharts

Can anyone please help me? I really don't know what I should do more!

Thanks in advance,

Elbert

(The Netherlands)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 5:49 AM   in reply to Elbert van Eysinga

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

There are lots of things that can go wrong in a project that has both timelines and slideshows. Have you done some tests, such as removing the slideshow entirely?

If you are getting errors for most anything, you need to see if very basic things are working. Create a new test project. Add two menus. Delete the buttons except for one on each menu. Link the button to the other menu for each menu. Built to a folder. If you get an error on this test, I would renstall.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points