Skip navigation
Florascapes
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements v.3 upgrade

Jan 4, 2013 4:56 AM

I have an old version of PE, v.3. If I upgrade, is it essentially an overlay on a framework? Is an upgrade the same as buying a later version? Same cost?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to Florascapes

No, you have to pay less for an upgrade compared to purchasing a new version altogether. See details on http://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-elements/buying-guide.displ ayTab3.html

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jan 4, 2013 5:27 AM   in reply to Florascapes

Sometimes the full product is cheaper than the upgrade; so get whichever costs less. They are identical. The boxed version is also multi-platform and can be installed on both Windows and mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to Florascapes

Yes, most of the time adobe is the only place where the upgrade is cheaper. Try places like amazon and big box stores, which often sell the full version for less than the adobe upgrade price. Each version of PSE is a full standalone version. If you don't uninstall it, you'll still have PSE 3 after you install a later version, regardless of whether or not it's an upgrade version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 6:52 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

When I install PSE 11 will it "talk" me through transferring the albums/file structures from PSE 8 which is my latest version?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jan 4, 2013 6:57 AM   in reply to jrchatfield

You will get prompted to convert the earlier catalog during the installation process.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points