Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

reload files from bridge cs6

Jan 4, 2013 5:14 AM

Tags: #files #bridge_cs6

My mobo died and so I had to rebuild my system.  I am running Bridge cs6 on a win7 64 bit machine.  In order to rebuild my system I built a new C: drive, i.e., I created a new system drive. 

All my files from before the crash are available.  All my downloads are visible. 

How do I get these files back into Bridge?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to vince heying

How do I get these files back into Bridge?

Assuming you have a new install this also means that the existing cache file for Bridge is a default folder after install, meaning totally empty.

The best way would be to start again building new cache files and reading existing xmp files if you have those files saved as sidecar files for your Raw images.

Use the folder panel to point Bridge to the folder and let it build the cache again. If you want all your files rebuild select the parent folder and from the menu View choose show items from subfolders. This reveals all the content of your main folder and Bridge will start to cache the lot.

Depending on amount of files, file size and performance of your computer this can take some time, with many big files you best let this run overnight.

And if you have access to your old system files or a back up of it and have a keyword list tree be sure to retrieve the existing keywords list file.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to vince heying

vince heying wrote:

I have no idea how to "Use the folder panel to point Bridge to the folder and let it build the cache again."  I have the folders panel.  I can select the file of downloaded images.  How do I "let it build the cache again"?

Using the folders panel in Bridge example:

bridgef.jpg

Or you can do this from Windows Explorer - highlight the desired folder in Explorer, right click then Browse in Adobe Bridge CS6:

bridgefe.jpg

Bridge will build the cache it needs according to how its 'Options for thumbnail quality and preview generation' have been set.  For example:

bridge2.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points