Skip navigation
etjchildress
Currently Being Moderated

Why is my InDesign installion on a MAC failing at "Installing AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK"

Jan 4, 2013 11:02 AM

Tags: #mac #indesign #installation #adobecolorcommonsetcmyk

I have tried several times to install Indesign on my MAC (Mountain Lion).  Each time it fails 34% of the way into the installation.  It seems to stop right as it is "Installing AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK", and at that point simply keeps raising the completion time estimate.  Looking at the log, I'm getting DW049 and DW050 errors.  Can anyone help me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 1:39 PM   in reply to etjchildress

Do you have a previous installation of Adobe Creative Software?  The DW049 and DW050 are not particularly actionable.  Do you have any additional error messages within your installation log?  You can find details on how to locate and interpret the installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5 -cs5.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 2:41 PM   in reply to etjchildress

You can likely use the exisiting install logs instead of running the installation again.  They key step is to search for ERROR and FATAL within the log.  My assumption is that we will find there is an old color profile which is not being able to be overwritten but I would rather have the log files confirm this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to etjchildress

The log files still aren't completely clear.  The extraction process was interrupted per:

Beginning installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

Termination request received; stopping command processing.(Seq 1)

Completing installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdirAuIRkpyz/Install.db

This leads to the following:

[       0] Fri Jan  4 10:53:23 2013 ERROR

DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

DW050:  - AdobeColorCommonSetCMYK CS6: User cancelled installation

DW050:  - AdobeColorCommonSetRGB CS6: User cancelled installation

I am assuming you are not canceling the installation but it is possible something else maybe.  Perhaps try installing in a newly created local administrator account.  If that still fails then you may want to try the installation while in Safe Boot.  This would help prevent third party applications, extensions, or fonts from possibly interferring with the install process.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to etjchildress

Excellent thank you for the update Etjchildress!  Very happy to hear you now have the software installed successfully.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points