Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

H.26 Blu Ray,. Only plays on some players but not all! Help

Jan 4, 2013 12:35 PM

Tags: #problem #sony #play #stutter #blu-ray #encore #back #freeze #ps3 #ray #blu #h.26

I am a wedding videographer and have been trying to give a couple thier final video for weeks now.

I have created 8 different images of the final video but no luck.  I put the disc in my PS3 and it stutters and freezes and random points. 

I put the disc in another Sony stand alone player and it did the same thing.  I then put the disc in a Sharp Blu ray player and it played with no problems.

I have even tried using a different brand of discs to see if that would fix it but still not.  I have tried using dynamic link, then meida encoder to blu ray file and brining the file into encore.  Still nothing seems to help it. 

I do have menus, the only motion I have is music.  They are all stand alone menus linked together ( no pop up) 

The only thing I have not tried yet is burning an mpeg file instead of h.26.  Not sure if that will help.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?  I have never had it before.  I have done many projects in encore and played them fine on the PS3

But this one does not seem to matter how many versions I make, or changes I have.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 12:56 PM   in reply to matthewd35

Is the stuttering only in the timelines? Or moving from/to menus?

Are the menus operating correctly?

It might help if you post a screenshot of your flowchart.

More specifics re your source file, PR sequence settings, export settings.

I assume all files are coming into Encore as "do not transcode." True?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 1:23 PM   in reply to matthewd35

matthewd35 wrote:

The only thing I have not tried yet is burning an mpeg file instead of h.26.  Not sure if that will help.

Yes, it would help to know if you are also having the same problem with mpeg.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to matthewd35

I filmed the video in 1080p- 24fps.  I encoded the file as an h.26 blu ray file at 720p- 24fps.

Just curious: why 720?

Edit: Sorry; missed this. What version of Encore?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 6:26 PM   in reply to matthewd35
    I have even tried using a different brand of discs

I recommend using only Falcon Pro blanks for both DVDs and BDs, along with a Sony/NEC (Optiarc) burner for the broadest player compatibility.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 3:41 PM   in reply to matthewd35

It appears that creating the disc in mpeg2 blu ray has solved my issue.

Interesting. To try to sort it further, try it, changing your default transcode to MPEG2, but using H264 for assets you transcode.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points