Skip navigation
Dixieman92
Currently Being Moderated

Microsoft to Apple...

Jan 5, 2013 3:32 PM

I have been using Microsoft forever and I am considering switching over to Apple....I have and use both Lightroom and CS5 on my windows machine. I know this switch would be easy for a computer engineer, but I am not that. How hard from the layman's point of view is it to switch to Apple half way down the road. In this process, I would probably upgrade to Lightroom 4 and CS6 to help make this transition smoother. Has anyone other than computer engineers sucessufully done this? I do not want to spend several months trying to get the kinks worked out only to later hear Adobe tell me that I must buy a complete new license because I orginally bought a Windows based Lightroom and CS5.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to Dixieman92

I switched from ms to apple with lightroom 4 and it was quick and painless.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 5:57 PM   in reply to Dixieman92

You do have to change to a Mac software licence and get new software.  If you do not upgrade believe you have to sign agreement to shred your old copies.

If you have read some of the posts you should see there are still kinks being worked out with Mt. Lion (10.8.x) and Adobe and the latest Mac updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 1:05 AM   in reply to Dixieman92

LR is cross-platform. You can use the same serial, you just need to use the Mac installer, obviously. For specifics on migrating catalogs ask in the LR forum. For PS you simply order the correct upgrade and indicate that you want to switch platforms, as indeed platform switches only are possible for current versions...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points