Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

unable to install master collection CS5's Pr cs4

Jan 5, 2013 5:36 PM

it just errors out. I had mostly deleted the previouis install of adobe master collection cs5 on C: and most of windows there to save space - thsat os would not boot anymore.

now there are hidden files left over on c: from previous install of adobe. my new windows install is on E:, to spare my data.

I finally got cs to install on E: successfully. but unlike my precious install of adobe,now the 32-bit edition of Premiere pro and ae (cs4) on the content disc won't install.

I have some video to unshake, would liketo get it done with AE - forgot what that was called,(am sure it's in help somewhere, so will dig).

[I just noticed my recent install of cs5 installed to BOTH C: and E:. ]

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2013 8:57 PM   in reply to jmichae1

You obviously have a system /hardware mess that needs sorting before trying to install anything.

What advice are you after?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 11:20 PM   in reply to jmichae1

Reformat your boot disk and install OS & programs completely from scratch.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 12:14 AM   in reply to jmichae1

Heres a tip

Installing as Adobe designed never caused me any issues in any iteration of Premiere or the suite and I have had all of them.....and as far as I know from this forum...never caused issues to anyone else.

Bad blocks drive c: ...get a new drive.

it appears my only recourse with this broken product is to hope that an upgrade to cs6 or cs7 fixes it. - to the tune of $800-$2800. I have some videos I need to fix.

Its not broken.  You have broken your system

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 1:46 AM   in reply to jmichae1

The Adobe Installer is the prodigal child in the suite. It is definitely from a previous era and has not kept up with other developments, it is just outdated and ill suited for the task.

That is just a fact of life. You can complain about it, as I did many times, but there is a sheer reluctance on Adobe's side to do anything about it. Have you noticed in how many languages EULA's in how many different locations are installed? If amounts to far over 2000 files replicated all over the place...

The only suggestion I have is to use the C: drive to install the OS and the programs, using the defaults that the silly installer wants to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to jmichae1

Why do you think there is a difference between discs and download versions?

What discs of what Premiere version(s) do you own?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points