Skip navigation
marytree33
Currently Being Moderated

Red/brown tint lightroom 4.3

Jan 5, 2013 6:44 PM

Tags: #lightroom #color #4

I am having trouble in lightroom 4.3.  I am running Windows 7 and all the sudden my Lightroom appears with a reddish brown tint.  I did some searching and tried to reset the srgb iec61966 in color management, several times, restarting lightrom and my computer.  I thought maybe the whole profile was corrupt so I downloaded a new profile and added it in color management, no change.  I tried creating a new catalog thinking it was corrupt and still no change.  Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2013 7:13 PM   in reply to marytree33

Several possibilities:

1) Your monitor is not calibrated.

2) You have a preset applied. If you do that in Grid View it can apply to all images if they are selected. Go to Grid View and select 1 image that shows the red tint. Look in the top right corner under Quick Develop / Saved preset: Do you see apreset there that shouldn't be there?

3) Select 1 image that shows the red tint in the Develop Module. Click on <Reset> - bottom right corner. Does that help? If it does, go to the history palette and go abck step-by-step until the tint disappears. The step before that is the one that's causing it.

4) In the Develop Module look at the Split Toning panel (right side). Do you have a red-brown tone applied over the colored images?

5) In the Develop Module are you in Softproofing with a "funny" profile?

What has nothing to do with it and what doesn't help: Replacing color profiles , re-installing Lr. And your catalog is not corrupt.

If all fails you could try to replace the Preference file.

This file can go "funny" and is then responsible for all kinds of strange behavior of Lr. The remedy is replacing the Preference File.

Although I have never heard that a "funny" Preference file causes images to "tint" - so it's a shot in the dark.

See here for where to find the Preference file for your OS: http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-locations-lightroo m-4.html

See here for how to go about Replacing the Preference File: http://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points