Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AIR iOS app fails uploading to Apple (iTunes Connect)

Jan 6, 2013 5:13 AM

I've been trying to upload my iOS app to iTunes Connect via Application Loader but it fails every single time. I'm getting the following error(s);

'Unable to run the lipo command: ... Can't map input file ...' and 'Application failed codesign verification'

I believe the second error is due to the first, but I'm not sure. I've been looking around the web for solutions and only found this thread on here, I've tried everything said there but nothing helps.

Replacing my game with an empty FLA doesn't seem to work either.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 6:50 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

I'm on the latter side, usually it's a codesigning issue. How did you develop your certs and did you follow the order specifically in my list in that post? Often people use old certs but create a new app ID and expect the old certs to work.

There's been other discussions about extra "files" that Flash Pro inserts into IPAs (.zips in disguise). Because Flash Pro publishes to a folder that's not built specifically for that build, people sometimes copy extra files into that path. Those files can "automatically" and accidentally be added to the IPA without the author desiring that. You should check what files are being packaged with your IPA to verify there's no extra junk.

Are you using flash CS5.5 or CS6 and what version of AIR are you overlayed to?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

Hopefully it won't be automatic in the future but I've noticed that causing a lot of headaches. For non-AIR projects I'm used to exporting and hosting tons of things in my publish folder while pruning it at the last second. Mobile apps will always assume anything in that folder is meant for inclusion. It's a hard habit to break .

You're welcome, glad you got it resolved and good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points