Skip navigation
rachellsophiaa
Currently Being Moderated

I'm unable to uninstall Illustrator, or any other adobe programs for that matter!

Jan 6, 2013 11:29 AM

Tags: #illustrator #problem #error #adobe #reinstall #cs6 #stopped_working #uninstall_failed

I have a windows vista 32 bit toshiba laptop that i'm just about ready to throw.

I downloaded the trial version of illustrator and now it has ended i wanted to get rid of it.

Ok, i can't uninstall Illustrator, when i go to control panel and uninstall it says ''uninstall failed''

If i try uninstall any other adobe program it doesnt do anything, i don't even get a message.

I've also lately been getting a message at start up saying ''Adobe service manager has stopped working" and when i try opening illustrator i get "please uninstall and reinstall the product             if this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention error code shown at the bottom of this screen.          Error:1" followed by "adobe illustrator has stopped working" and i have to close it

I tried reinstalling to repair and now i can't even install any adobe program!!

Every other non-adobe program is working perfectly fine and i can install or uninstall them.

I've tried the following:

trying CCleaner

going through safe mode with networking and uninstalling

msconfig and disabling adobe programs

Installing what was propted - adobe application manager, but i run the setup and nothing happens.

Adobe download assistant to try reinstall illustrator - again i go to run it and nothing happens

and even restoring the laptop to a few weeks ago when it was working.

Please help, i've wasted the last 5 hours trying to sort this thing out

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points