Skip navigation
Nex Hardi
Currently Being Moderated

Premerie Elements 11 and  NEX 6 Video: Bad aliasing with imported footage

Jan 6, 2013 1:07 PM

Tags: #avchd #import #1080 #50p #aliasing #nex #50i #25p

Hi,

with all my Sony NEX 6 AVCHD settings iam unsuccessfull to get good quality video in Premiere Elements 11. Only exception is 1080 50p, that is working with good quality but seams to be an overkill as it eats up SD space and is exhausting the MAC. Interlaced modes are yielding bad aliasing and the 25p mode is missing in the PAL AVCHD section.  The Nex can take full hd 1080 25p but in Adobe settings in the AVCHD section there is no 25p at full hd. That does exist in the DSLR section though, but also this gives aliasing (?).

Iam also puzzled about the setting that reads 1080 25i in APE11 (PAL) and 1080 50i in the Sony NEX. I just assume both are just the same (Sony does count every half frame and Adobe every full frame made of two halfs). 

Iam using an iMAC with AMD Radeon HD 6770M

Anybody is using films from Sony NEX6 in APE11 or has a way out?

Thnks

Hardi

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to Nex Hardi

According to the specs for your camera, it can shoot in 1920x1080 60p, 60i and 24p NTSC and, in PAL, 50p, 50i and 24p, all of which are supported in Premiere Elements 11.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalog Id=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666488065&XID=O:s ony%20nex6:dg_nex_gglsrch:p&k_id=46cffbb0-51d6-0a29-43cf-000036d606df# specifications

It's not clear, though, from your post what you're trying to do.

Which format, resolution and frame rate are you shooting at?

And what are you trying to output video for? A DVD or BluRay? YouTube or Vimeo? An iPad or other portable device?

It almost sounds like you're try to create video to put INTO your camcorder! And that's not something Premiere Elements can do.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:56 AM   in reply to Nex Hardi

I recommend you shoot in 1920x1080 50i. It's the most efficient way to shoot, in terms of quality and file size.

I'd also recommend you think about what format you're going to ultimately "deliver" your finished movie in. You say "whatever looks best on my Mac" -- but that doesn't tell us much. Are you really only planning to watch the video on your computer? No plans at all to share it with anyone or watch it on a TV? If that's really what ou want, I can make a recommendation. But do think carefully about what you ultimately plan to do with your finished video. Do you really only plan to sit at your computer and watch it?

Finally, I still recommend you do NOT use Finder or the Organizer to get your media from your SD card. I highly recommend you use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From Flip or Camera to get the video from your camcorder or card to your computer. There are a number of advantages to doing this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to Nex Hardi

My advice: Shoot in FX mode AVCHD 50i.

Ignore the "steps" you see in the Premiere Elements Monitor. They will not be on your computer output.

For video to watch on your computer, use Share/Computer/AVCHD with the MP4 H264 1920x1080 50fps preset. This is a format that is designed to be viewed on a computer.

Since you do not have a BluRay burner, your output to disc will be to DVD, which you can do by using Share/Disc/DVD. Note, however, that DVDs are made to be viewed on a television and may not look so great on your computer (depending on the software you're playing it with). DVD also is less than one-fourth the resolution of high-definition video, so your video will not be nearlty as detailed on your DVD as it is on your computer. It should, nonetheless, look very good on your TV.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 6:13 PM   in reply to Nex Hardi

Sorry. You're right. It is the 25 fps option that you should use.

Glad we could get you up and running!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points