Skip navigation
mozzer503
Currently Being Moderated

Diskspace error in Photo Downloader

Jan 6, 2013 8:06 PM

Tags: #problem #bridge_cs5 #downloader_problem

Hey

I have the photo downloader that comes with Bridge 4.0.5.11 on OSX 10.8.2.

I use the Advanced Dialog.

The tool is set to:

Create customer name subfolders

Rename files using Shot Date yymmdd plus a number

Convert to DNG

Delete original files is OFF

Save Copies is set

Apply Metadata template is set.

Both the DNG and the original raw are downloaded to a Synology NAS drive. The drive originally had 8TB of space (actual not available) and everything worked fine.

I've updated the NAS to 12TB of space and now the downloader fails. After about 90 or so copies it reports that the NAS is running low on disk space and the operate is aborted.

The NAS is not low on disk space, and removing the "save copies" option and then performing the operation manually works fine.

Any clues as to what's going wrong?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 7, 2013 5:14 AM   in reply to mozzer503

Any clues as to what's going wrong?

Bridge often gets in trouble on a network environment.

First restart Bridge holding down option key and choose reset preferences (sets preferences back to default so you have to reset custom settings).

And maybe deleting the plist file for Photodownloader also will help you.

Quit Bridge and Photodownloader an go to the user library (by default hidden per OS10.7, use menu go and press option to reveal this library)

user (your name) / library / Preferences / find and manual delete the Photodownloader plist file (com.adobe.photodownloader.plist) and try again (it will refresh itself after restarting photodownloader, but you need to reset your custom settings.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 21, 2013 12:30 PM   in reply to mozzer503

Seems odd that the only times I reboot my mac are to refresh Flash and now Photoshop

I always understood that rebooting computers was a good thing to do, refreshing a lot of stuff (and in case of overnight put it to rest, saves energy and causes less wear), Personally I have set my computer to auto shut down after finishing Back up (at my command when ready in using my Mac) and auto start up on a timer base and meanwhile as one of the first automated tasks to run the auto pilot of the Cocktail script for maintenance (clearing caches and repairing permissions etc.)

I really think this keeps my Mac in a healthy state instead of letting it run day and night, And regarding to myself, a good night sleep and a nice breakfast gives me a good start also

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points