Skip navigation
Software Tailor
Currently Being Moderated

I'm getting a glitch in Acrobat XI PDF document created from Word.

Jan 6, 2013 9:54 PM

Tags: #acrobat #pdf #word_2010

Hi everyone,

I have been using Microsoft Word 2010 and Acrobat for many years.

I have this Word document (a user manual) with images that I've pasted into from MS Paint. Then I add some arrows and call-outs.

I save my Word document with the Save as Adobe PDF option.

The resultant PDF is great but the images are in front of the arrows and call-outs.

But when I use the Save As option and choose the PDF type (of file format), it works fine: the images are in the back of the arrows and call-outs.

It seems to be a bug in the Save as Adobe PDF function. Or is it a user error?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Software Tailor

It could also be an issue with the processing that MS does. Have you tried to print to the Adobe PDF printer? You do not have the links in that case, but the result is sometimes different and might help give some idea of what the problem is.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 7, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to Software Tailor

I will try this if I can get WORD 2010 installed. I had tried before after I botched something and now OFFICE 2010 is giving me an install error on a machine that I was trying to put it on. If I get a chance, I will try to do it (but may not get to it for a week or so -- give me a ping if you want to remind me). That is an installation on Win8. Unfortunately, the Win8 install wiped out the prerelease version of Win8 that had been installed and all related programs. That is where I blew it.I will also have to read your post carefully to get to your point.

Maybe someone else will get a chance to try it in the meantime.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points