• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 Keywording Multiple Photos

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in library mode and trying to add the same series of keywords to a group of about 60 photos.  All these photos are highlighted at the bottom of my screen but one photo appears to be highlighted more brightly.  I've typed in a group of keywords in my sidebar and then clicked enter.  I thought that action should tag all 60 photos with the same keywords but it doesn't.  Only the brightly highlighted photo gets the keywords.  Surely there has to be a way to tag multiple photos with the same keywords all at once.  I've watched Cris Orwig's video on Adobe and am following the same steps he demonstrates but the keywords are only tagged to the one photo.  Am I missing something simple here?

Thank you

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

I knew I was missing something!  Thanks so much!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep....you need to multi-select in Grid view, not in the Filmstrip. Then it will work....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew I was missing something!  Thanks so much!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a reason why this is the case... why would Lightroom NOT tag all the photos I had selected in the filmstrip when I add keywords? I'm just thinking back on all of the times I though I had tagged photos by selecting a bunch in the filmstrip... now I am crying tears of blood relizing that none of the photos I thought I was tagging were actually tagged. WHY?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikez93 wrote:

There must be a reason why this is the case...

There is - but please don't make me try to state it. It was my biggest complaint when I first started using Lightroom (for a few years actually) - never sure whether what I was doing was affecting one or many. At this point, I mostly remember the rules and the exceptions to them...

+1 vote for simplified/unified selection/targeting, although I wouldn't get hopes up at this point..

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reviewed http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-lightroom-5/adding-keywords/ in which Chris Orwig clearly shows adding keywords to multiple images in the filmstrip, NOT in the grid view.  Of course, MY Lightroom doesn't allow me to add keywords to multiple images using the method shown in this video.  And just an added note that this is the EXACT same video shown under the label "learn-lightroom-4/adding-keywords/ so I don't know if this could be done in v4 but not in v5 and someone just screwed up by reusing the same video.....  Thanks Jim Wilde and everyone else for your help.  I was starting to pull my hair out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video you linked correctly shows Lightroom doing keywords on multiple photos in Loupe view because he has "Auto Sync" turned on in the Lower Righthand Corner.  Lightroom 5 works the same way as I just tried it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I see that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jim! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I am cursing Adobe, more than usual, after an hour tagging images with keywords I just happened to check and see that only the first image in a string got the keywords.  I am as mad as I can be.  If they are going to pull a sophomoric stunt like this there should be a warning we have to click through.  Now I have no confidence in keywording I've done for who knows how long.  This is criminal.  Who manages these products?  This will cost me hundreds of dollars of labor to fix, and I'll always have doubts about data.  Idiots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other way around (in Filmstrip mode) is to select the images you want to keyword, select autosync and then enter the keywords, title and/or other meta properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines