Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

A user editable video playlist.

Jan 7, 2013 12:04 PM

I have a playlist of about 20 videos in list format. Currently, you have to click on the video icon and it plays. I am trying to figure out a way to allow the user to re-order the video list, then play the videos in that new order. All of the tutorials I see online that have to do with playlists requires back end playlist creation, but I need the user to be able to choose the videos they want to play and then have them play in the order they select. Does anyone have any guidance that could help me create this?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 7, 2013 12:29 PM   in reply to richhennosy

how do you want them to re-order your play list?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 7, 2013 1:37 PM   in reply to richhennosy

you'll need to fake that.  ie, when a list item is clicked add a movieclip to the stage under the mouse and add that row's data to your movieclip (that you'll make look like a list row) and apply startDrag() to that movieclip and then when it's dropped, remove it and use the mouse position (on startDrag and stopDrag) to reorder your list.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to richhennosy

sure, you could do that using the same general principle mentioned above.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to richhennosy

you would create those yourself.  they are a design element that should look like they are drop targets for your play items.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 9, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to richhennosy

draw a rectangle with a border and background.  convert it to a movieclip and name it play container.

drag a few to your stage and assign instance names like container_1, container_2 etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 10, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to richhennosy

what is DragDrop?

do each of your 5 bottom left sprites extend DragDrop?

is DragDrop your document class?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 10, 2013 5:32 PM   in reply to richhennosy

that code needs some major changes.

but before you get to that part you need to find out what's causing your objects to drag and drop correctly because it's not that code.  that code will causing everything on-stage to drag and drop simultaneously. ie, if you drag one object, you drag them all.

if you're not seeing that, you're not using that code.  something else is going on.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 10, 2013 7:49 PM   in reply to richhennosy

then DragDrop is NOT your document class and each of your 5 bottom left sprites extend DragDrop.  so, your answer to my message 12 is incorrect.

do you understand what a document class is?  do you understand any of the code you copied?  do you understand how your draggable sprites are related to DragDrop?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,213 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 11, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to richhennosy

i can't remember who to ignore because i respond to so many posts.  and, i'm sorry that you think i'm being unreasonable and unhelpful.

but, i assure you that you have some basic misunderstanding of what you are doing and you must correct that or you will continue to have problems with that code. 

to get a second opinion about that, you could post another message with ned murphy's or sinious' name in the title asking for their assesment of your document class code shown in message 11. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points