Skip navigation
SASAKI DAISUKE
Currently Being Moderated

BluRay Looppoint fix

Jan 7, 2013 5:24 PM

Tags: #encore_cs6

Please tell me how to fix BluRay LoopPoint?

I created motion menu use looppoint

but pauses for a second looppoint.

How do it seemless menu.

sorry my poor English

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to SASAKI DAISUKE

You can't make a motion menu seemless. The hardware of the DVD / BD players doesn't support it. It takes time for the players to move their play head from the end of the motion menu back to the beginning of the motion menu on the disc itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 2:43 PM   in reply to SASAKI DAISUKE

Don't know what he thinks he can do, but a DVD / BD player would have to cache the menu(s) to allow for "seamless" looping, and that capability is lacking in the players. Getting seamless looping on a computer is probably doable, since the computer has the memory available to do the caching -- it depends on how the computer player code is written. But in a disc player, playing a physical disc, it takes real physical time to move the play head from the end of the menu code on the disc back to the beginning. That's just the laws of physics.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to cfg_2451

cfg_2451 wrote:

Don't know what he thinks he can do, but a DVD / BD player would have to cache the menu(s) to allow for "seamless" looping, and that capability is lacking in the players. Getting seamless looping on a computer is probably doable, since the computer has the memory available to do the caching -- it depends on how the computer player code is written. But in a disc player, playing a physical disc, it takes real physical time to move the play head from the end of the menu code on the disc back to the beginning. That's just the laws of physics.

I can tell you what I did. We were able to reprogram the Blu-ray folder data using BDEdit so that the transition seamlessly plays into the menu, even though it is a separate stream on the disc. The Blu-ray format DOES support this, and requires a special "Connection Condition" between  clips in a "playlists". The first part of the menu before the loop point is a separate playlist from the main part of the menu. We were able to combine the clips into a single playlist and connect them to play seamlessly. Unfortuantely, you also have to tell the IG stream (button highlights) that it is part of a seamless playlist for it to cache properly. The program we were using (BDEdit) does not allow you to change that setting on a muxed IG Stream as Encore muxes it with the video background. Attempting to unmux resulted in errors. Without changing that seamless flag, the button highlights do not appear after the intro sequence on a hardware player. Our software player was able to load it without issues. Initially we thought we had a complete solution as we tested it just fine on a software player. Later tests on a hardware player revealed the problem with the button highlights.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to Jon Geddes

Jon,

All of us who are Encore victims, appreciate you great efforts relating to the looping pauses.  Abobe needs to hire you.  Obviously, Adobe doesn't think this is a big problem.

In your opinion, is there a better Bluray editor/publisher software package that doesn't exhibit the same Encore shortcomings listed above?

Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to 1925desco

Unfortunately we have not found an affordable authoring app that has everythng Encore does. DVD Architect does not experience the loop point issues on a Blu-ray disc, however they do not support pop-up menus (I am unable to find information on whether version 6 supoorts this). You can also try TMPG Authoring Works 5, but I have not tested to see if there are loop point issues. If affordability is not an issue, then there is Sony BluPrint or Do Studio. Both will provide you with professional authoring solutions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to Jon Geddes

Thanks again for your interest and support.

I will investigate the options you mentioned.

Don

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 7:01 PM   in reply to Jon Geddes

Jon,

I downloaded a trial copy of Sony's DVD Architect Pro (version 6) and created two Bluray projects (AVCHD and MPEG2) with motion backgrounds and embedded loop points.  I burned the finished projects onto Bluray discs and they performed fine without showing any signs of pausing at the loop points.

This was a big deal for me because I rely heavily on projects that have After Effects motion menus with fly-in buttons.

Sony offers a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to 1925desco

Thanks desco. Our issue with Sony DVD Architect, besides its completely unintuitive interface and poor template support, is that it doesn't support Blu-ray Pop-up Menus. If this is important to you for disc navigation, you will have to use a different utility.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points