• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove highlighted yellow text

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FM10 (TCS 3.5), I have sent a manual for revision and the corrector has highlighted in yellow some parts of the text using the Adobe Reader. I have imported this PDF-for-revision to FM and the same yellow highlighted parts have been imported inside my documents. How to remove these highlighted parts ?

Nicolas

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Nic,

In the Status Bar, the "(FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight)" entry means that a condition tag has been applied to the text. Sorry, my bad. I forgot about the way things were marked up when they come back from PDFs.

Condition indicators (i.e. the colours) can be turned off by toggling the the Special > Condtional Text > Show Condition Indicator option.

turn_off_condition_indicators.png

Alternatively, you can delete the condition indicators if you don't need them anymore or change the colour assignments of the condition tag(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, the highlights are being applied as background colour via an (untagged?, i.e. override) character format. Place the cursor in one of these yellow highlight areas and examine your status bar in ttthe lower-left corner of the document window. Open up the Character Designer (Ctrl D) and check the "Background Color" setting. If it's enabled, then that's your culprit.

You can use the Find/Change utility to hunt these down and remove either the override or paste an appropriate format back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

I have followed your procedure but the "Background Color" is not enabled. On the lower-left corner, I find the following: (FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight) Ench: A :*ListeàPuces 

ListeàPuces is the paragraph label (french)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The asterisk indicates an override – select & reapply the paragraph tag again to eliminate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nic,

In the Status Bar, the "(FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight)" entry means that a condition tag has been applied to the text. Sorry, my bad. I forgot about the way things were marked up when they come back from PDFs.

Condition indicators (i.e. the colours) can be turned off by toggling the the Special > Condtional Text > Show Condition Indicator option.

turn_off_condition_indicators.png

Alternatively, you can delete the condition indicators if you don't need them anymore or change the colour assignments of the condition tag(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Arnis for your advice!   This toggle "condition indicator" action resolves the problem !

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines