Skip navigation
colum-ck-design
Currently Being Moderated

Strange PDF presets just appeared???

Jan 8, 2013 9:49 AM

Hi everyone

Anyone come across this before. Just installed Indesign 6 today, works beautiful.

However these strange PDF presets have just appeared from no-where???

Can't delete them in the PDF define panel any ideas to get rid of them????

Any suggestions would be great. (screen shot below)

Colum

Screen shot 2013-01-08 at 17.34.05.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to colum-ck-design

What is strange about them? They look like the default PDF presets.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to MW Design

Except the Japanese ones don't normally get installed unless you run Japanese version....

|
    Mark as:
  • Rob Day
    3,123 posts
    Oct 16, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 12:56 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

I have them on my primary install, but not my laptop. The difference is on my primary I've updated to Acrobat XI and still have X on the laptop.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 4:17 PM   in reply to colum-ck-design

I just purchased and downloaded InDesign CS6 from cloud on March 27, 2013. I see the exact strange Presets Colum in my newly purchase Adobe Indesign PDF presets

I use the same program on school computer (two different schools, two different compueters) and all of them have the usual/normal pdf presets.

I am in Canada and my primary language is English, so no, I definitly didnit use Japanese version. However starngely my presets show the same thing as yours does Colum! It was also crashing when exporting to PDF and in the pdf menu, it didn't give me the blank space to type pages I want to export. And also in that menu it showed something called Costume V!

I was on the phone with Adobe for an hour with no result (India, which frustrates me as anything as conversations on their call centre are not optimized and they are not trained well to know the latest changes in CS6 it seems!)

Then looking at Adobe online help I found one clue (Adobe didn't even upgrade the help to include them all! )

look at this page and search for worg Japan to see the Japan Magazine Preset mentioned! Did anybody found any other clues?

HDBZScreen Shot 2013-03-29 at 2.27.39 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to hdbz

There's nothing wrong with having the extra default PDF presets. Mine looks the same on two Macs with InDesign CS6 and other applications from the Creative Cloud, including Acrobat XI. I have a standard US English installation:

PDFExport.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points