Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Two things driving me nuts

Jan 8, 2013 12:05 PM

I can't figure out how to imitate two things I'm used to from final cut.

1 - whenever I would click on audio in the timeline to add markers in the source window in final cut, the clip would open and be at the position where I clicked on it with the cursor in the timeline.  this made it very easy to add markers at a specific beat.  in premiere I find the beat in the timeline, then open the clip in the source and have to refind the same position.  is there a quick fix?

2 - when using the ripple edit toll in fcp, once you make your edit the playhead would stay at the newly created edit so that you could continue your edit in a logical manner.  in premiere, after using the ripple tool the playhead jumps to where it originally was in time, and I have to up arrow back to the newly created edit which seems counter intuitive.  again, is there a quick fix?  am I missing something?

thanks in advance for any insight...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to Dan Wolfe

1. Hit the F key while in the sequence.  This opens that clip on that same frame. It's called Match Frame.

2. The CTI actually doesn't move at all during a ripple/rolling edit.  It's just the way PP works.  You can make feature requests at the link below.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to Dan Wolfe

Target only the track the audio clip is in.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points