Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

When will Adobe solve its problems with CS6?

Jan 8, 2013 1:47 PM

Tags: #cs6

I am teaching a  class in RAW this quarter and I cannot ask students to purchase CS6 with its current problems unless Adobe can assure me a solution is imminent. As I have no way of contacting Adobe directly, I have to use this forum.

My present CS6 problem, for over a month, is the Adobe Application Manager requiring me to send my registration number once every day. This only affects Photoshop; I can open Bridge and RAW without any problem. If there is a fix, I haven't heard of it. I have the latest updates, use a Mac, and don't use over 16 bit processing.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 2:20 PM   in reply to grprt

Adobe never gives dates on when a patch will be released.  They are well aware of the problem and are working on it is all that can be said.

I believe the glitch came with the last update, so if the user does not update the last one until the "fix is in" they should be just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 3:33 PM   in reply to grprt

Sorry. This is a known issue the activation team is working to address ASAP:

Trial screen displays when you open Photoshop CS6: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/trial-screen-displays-you-open.htm l

I'm hoping for a fix in the very near future (days/not weeks)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:15 PM   in reply to grprt

When they release CS7!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 5:27 PM   in reply to Was DYP

Historically, Adobe has released their full versions about 18 mos. apart. Now, there have been some dot upgrades, that fell within that time frame.

Usually, there are updates, made available, when complete and tested. Usually, the auto-updater gets the updates first (now, I would assume the Creative Cloud), and then, when an installer package has been released, the separate download/update is posted here.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 5:49 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt
    Usually, there are updates, made available, when complete and tested.

Are you serious. When has that happened recently?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 6:07 PM   in reply to Jeffrey Tranberry

I figured the devs would come back to the office after a week or two off, then say, "oh yeah, I can fix that". But no Monday or Tuesday update.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 6:10 PM   in reply to jimhere

Maybe they are actually testing an update this time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points