Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

i need help in urgent..please!!!

Jan 8, 2013 2:24 PM

Tags: #illustrator #error #crash #cs6

my illustrator just freezed while saving my work file and it still like the picture down you see...

untitled.png

please help, i'cant lose my works.. Illustrator not responding and i can't do anything.

there are 2 files open, because of this i don't want to close illustrator... i need save these files there are lot of work !!!

cs6 and W7 btw...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to marimor77

It says "Reading Illustrator file..."

Have you placed linked Illustrator files in your document? Can you move that progress dialog window around or it is frozen too.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to marimor77

Sounds like you're left little choice but to end the program and lose work.

If that reading dialog isn't even movable, then the app has frozen entirely and there's no way to "unfreeze" it, you simply have to force quit.

First hard lesson I learned was the save and save often.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to marimor77

Illustrator doesn't have any recovery files. If the app quits or crashes with unsaved work, it's gone. If on the RARE occassion that something can be recoverd, you'll be presented with a dialog box upon the next launch of AI. But... it's EXCEPTIONALLY rare that Illustrator can recover anything. Exceptionally. In general if any recovery can be done, it's due to an application crash and never an application freeze. A freeze is more often associated with the operating system in conjunction with the app, while a crash can be localized to the app itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 4:31 PM   in reply to marimor77

You can check for files in the location you are trying to save but if there is nothing there I don't think you are going to have anything else unfortunately.

I hope this never happens to you again.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to marimor77

why doesn't illustrator autosave like Word?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points