Skip navigation
trishappel
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop elements

Jan 8, 2013 4:14 PM

I am currently in the market for a new editing program, ten years ago i purchased photoshop and was never able to figure out how to use it. Does anyone have any experience with photoshop elements and other products on the market'? I am a beginner, i have mastered the free software available, but feel limited and want to expand my editing capabilities, without wasting money on software that is to complex. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 4:24 PM   in reply to trishappel

Suggest that you download a trial, fully functioning version of Photoshop Elements:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements &loc=us

Try it out.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 4:36 PM   in reply to trishappel

The latest version of Elements (PSE11) has a quick edit and guided edit sections where you can perform edits in a couple of clicks to achieve convincing results. The full edit (named expert) is then available as you become more experienced.

In the last ten years a whole host of video tutorials has become available on YouTube and other sites. A good place to start is Adobe TV. If you like the look of what you see, you can download the 30 day free trial.

Otherwise Picasa will do all the basic editing stuff and it’s free from Google.

So it really depends what you want to achieve and how much time you can devote to learning.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-elements-11/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points